The need for technological intervention in the light of the pandemic is felt more than ever before. However, technological interventions cost money, and not everyone can afford them. With academics largely turning online, students seem to struggle to get the right resources to get back to their studies, and this is creating an undesired gap in their academics which will have long-lasting implications. Understanding the situation of students across the state, the Government of Assam decided to launch the Anundoram Borooah Cash cum Laptop award scheme (ARBAS).
About the Anundoram Borooah Cash cum Laptop Award scheme (ARBAS)
Under the implementation of the ARBAS scheme, the state government of Assam will provide citations to students in the form of certificates along with a personal computer (PC), internet connectivity (3G/4G devices) with a 2-years subscription to meritorious students. Students who are interested and wish to avail of the benefits of the scheme can fill up the Anundoram Borooah Laptop award scheme.
The Government of Assam is aiming to provide laptops and cash awards in lieu of laptops to the meritorious students securing 1st division in the HSLC and High Madrassa Examination of the SEBA and 10th standard examination held under the State Madrassa Education Board, Assam and Sanskrit Board, Assam.
How to register for the Anundoram Borooah Laptop award scheme?
Here is the procedure to apply for the scheme online:
- Firstly, visit the official website: http://arbas.assam.gov.in/home
- On the homepage, click on the “Click here for Online Registration” link
- Here the candidates will have to register online using the student’s datasheet. For this, each student needs to enter his/her centre, roll number and total marks
- Finally, candidates can click on the “submit” button to fill datasheet of students.
Eligibility criteria for the Anundoram Borooah Award
The applicant should fulfil the following criteria for the Anundoram Borooah Laptop award scheme, 2021:
- Percentage and Marks: Students must have secured first division with star marks or 75% marks in 10th class
- Education Board: All students must have passed with their 10th standard from Secondary Education of Assam (SEBA).
Documents that are needed to apply for the ARBAS laptop distribution scheme
The student who meets the aforementioned criteria can fill online application for the ARBAS scheme and have to upload the following documents:
- HSLC or AHM Pass Certificate duly attested and countersigned by the Head of the Institution from which the applicant passed out
- A self-attested recent passport size photograph of the applicant (JPG format).
Summing it up
Bridging the academic gap with technological aids is the only way education can proceed in the country, and all over the world. Teachers and students have had to go through a lot to get through with basic concepts themselves. Transmission of the information is a major issue at the moment and bringing in the benefits of the scheme will enable students to receive information and carry on with their academics towards a brighter future without a hiccup.