Over the last few decades, governments worldwide have come to realise the importance of women empowerment. Several governments have introduced schemes and plans that will offer women a platform to accomplish equality across various facets of life.
The Andhra Pradesh state government is one in the long line of state governments to introduce a scheme for the welfare of women – the Andhra Pradesh YSR Kapu Nestham 2021 beneficiary list.
About the scheme
The Andhra Pradesh YSR Kapu Nestham scheme was launched in 2020 to benefit women across the state. On the 7th of November 2020, the state government credited ₹143 crores to bank accounts of roughly 95,245 beneficiaries who had enrolled under the scheme.
Under the implementation of the scheme, women between the age of 45 to 60 and belonging to Kapu, Balija, Telaga and Ontari communities got financial assistance from the state government.
The Andhra Pradesh government has offered a financial aid package of ₹15,000 which is to continue all the way for the next five years (basically, a total of ₹75,000 will be offered), to women under the beneficiary list, so as to improve their life.
How to download the AP YSR Kapu Nestham form?
In order to download the AP YSR Kapu Nestham form, the following procedure needs to be followed:
- Visit the official website of the scheme.
- On the homepage, click on the “Downloads” section.
- The applicant has to then click on the “Kapu Nestham Proforma” section to be able to download the form in the XLS format. Then, the applicant has the option to convert the form in PDF format.
- The AP YSR Kapu Nestham form will appear as shown below:
Candidates who are interested in availing of the benefits offered by the scheme can fill up the form and submit it to their nearest Navasakam surveyors.
Salient features of the scheme
The objective of the scheme is to financially empower women in the state who fall in the age group 45 years to 60 years so that they can have something working for themselves and are not seen as liabilities in their respective families.
The scheme will offer a total of ₹75,000 at the rate of ₹15,000 per annum.
- Women should belong to the Kapu community and should be aged between 45 to 60 years.
- The family income should be less than ₹10,000 per month in rural areas and ₹12,000 per month in urban.
- The total landholding of the family should be less than 3 acres of wetland or 10 acres of dry land or 10 acres of both dry and wetland.
- No family member should be a government employee or pensioner.
- Family should not own a 4-wheeler (Taxis, autos, tractors are exempted).
- No family member should be paying income tax.
- In urban areas, the family who owns the property of less than 750 sq ft built-up areas are considered eligible.
Summing it up
This way, women in the state of Andhra can feel empowered and can make a living for themselves, thereby contributing to the state’s and consequently to the nation’s economy as well.