Widows usually have a tough time in a culturally regressive society, which is unfortunate for them. They not only have to deal with the grief of the loss they have endured, but they also have to wade through societal stigma all alone, and this stigma comes with financial repercussions as well.
To deal with the stigma and enable widowed women to make a life for themselves and not remain as a mere remnant of the tragedy that occurred in their lives, the Delhi government initiated the Widow empowerment program – the Vidhwa Pension Yojana.
About the Delhi Widow Pension Scheme
The Delhi government is inviting widowed women in the state to avail of the benefits set aside for widow empowerment. This will largely help break the stigma surrounding widows and enable them to take care of bereaved children (if any).
Under the implementation of the Delhi Vidhwa Pension Yojana, women in distress who are divorced or have lost their husbands can apply for the monthly pension amount of ₹2,500.
The Delhi Widow Pension scheme online registration forms are available on the official e-district portal of the Delhi State government website. Department of Women and Children Development (WCD) is essentially implementing this scheme and is inviting applicants for the Vidhwa Pension Yojana online.
Widows, those above 18 years of age, who have no adequate means of sustenance and are poor, to begin with, and are in need of financial assistance can fill the Pension Scheme online application and register themselves at the official e-district portal.
Delhi Widow Pension scheme online application form
Widow Delhi Pension scheme will offer social security to women by offering financial assistance to widows, divorced, separated, abandoned, deserted or destitute women. Here is how the process goes:
- Visit the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the “New User” under the “Citizen’s Corner” section.
- Once clicked, a new user registration form will appear as shown here:
- Here the candidates can select the document type and enter the document number and click the “Continue” option for the user registration form as shown here:
- In this section, the candidate will have to fill in all the details correctly and then click on the “Continue to register” button to complete the registration process. After the registration, the applicant will receive “Registration ID” and “Password” on the number provided.
- The applicant is then to log in using the registration ID and password received to apply online for the Widow Pension scheme in Delhi.
- Once logged in, click on “Apply online” and click on the “Apply” – option present under the Women and Child Development department.
- Fill in all details of the application form and select “Widow” under the category option to apply for the Widow pension scheme.
- Upload all the necessary documents in a softcopy format and click “Final submit” after which the applicant will receive an OTP to verify. The applicant is advised to take a printout of the filled form for future reference.