The issue of farmers not making enough financially has been one that has plagued this nation for the longest time. In order to make matters better for the farmers, on whose efforts this nation’s progress rides, several state governments in collaboration with the Central government are launching Farmer oriented schemes, which will help them out financially.
One such scheme in a long list of schemes for farmers is the PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana.
About the Pradhan Mantri Mandhan Yojana
The Central government of India offered the scheme to the farmers of the country. Under the implementation of the scheme, farmers all across the nation would receive ₹3,000 to make ends meet for themselves and their families. Under the rightful execution of the scheme nationwide, roughly about 21 lakh farmers have benefitted by registering themselves.
Farmers from any part of the country and within the age of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme and make themselves eligible for the benefits of the scheme. The farmer would ideally have to make a small contribution towards the scheme and this contribution ranges from ₹55 to ₹ 200 a month. On attaining the age of 60, the farmer will start getting a pension of ₹3,000 a month.fi
Farmers never belong to any financial benefits, and hence this is the government’s efforts to make sure that the primary architects of India’s economy get their fair share of benefits in the later stages of their lives.
How to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana?
If you are a farmer looking to avail the benefits of the scheme in your old age, here is how you can go about with the registration under the scheme.
- The eligible farmer should visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
- The following documents are considered to be prerequisites for the enrollment under the scheme: Aadhaar card and Savings bank account number along with the IFSC code (Bank passbook or Cheque leaflet/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account).
- The initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
- The VLE will consider the Aadhaar number, name of the applicant and the Date of Birth printed on the Aadhaar card for the authentication process.
- The VLE will then complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank account number, mobile number, email address, Spouse (if applicable) and the nominee details will be noted.
- Finally, the system’s algorithm will auto-calculate the monthly contribution payable, according to the age of the applicant.
- The subscriber will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
- The enrolment or Auto debit mandate form will be printed and will be given to the applicant for signing. The VLE will enter the information into the system with the help of a scan.
- There will also be a unique Kisan Pension Account number (KPAN) which will be generated and the Kisan Card will be printed.
The farmer can also self-enrol by visiting the official website of the PM Kisan Mandhan yojana.