Farmers usually find themselves on the losing end due to several factors, year after year. It may be poor rainfall, increasing prices of petrol, or a pandemic, it is the farmer who has to be on the lower end of the spectrum. To assist farmers financially and to help them make ends meet comfortably, the Bihar Government launched the Bihar Rajya Fasal Sahayata Yojana.
Objectives of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to help farmers in Bihar get good price for the yield they produce, and escape the claws of exploitation and corruption of the middlemen involved. For far too long, farmers have been under the weight of debt and despair, and the main objective of the scheme therefore is to offer them hope through this scheme.
The primary objective of the scheme is to encourage farmers to not quit farming and instead encourage them to adopt better farming practices that would be useful and beneficial for them.
The farmer does not have to pay any premium amount to avail the benefits of the scheme
Under the Bihar insurance scheme of the Bihar Government, the farmers would be compensated for the loss of crops they incurred due to natural calamities or any such weather-related reasons.
Registration process for the Bihar Rajya Fasal Sahayata Yojana 2020
In order to apply for the Farmer benefit scheme in Bihar, the farmer would have to follow the following process:
- Visit the official website of Bihar Rajya Fasal Sahayata Yojana
- On the homepage, the farmer will see the option “Registration”. Click on this link to proceed with the registration link
- The option will pop up which will ask if the applicant has an Aadhaar or not. If the applicant has the Aadhaar, she/he can click Yes.
- On clicking Yes, the next page will open on the page you will be asked for the Aadhaar number
- Fill in the Aadhaar number and fill in the name. Once the Aadhaar details have been filled, the applicant can click on “Submit”.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
In order to be eligible for the scheme, the farmer has to abide by the following criteria:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the state of Bihar
- The farmer who can apply for the Sahayata scheme should have some damage to vouch for either due to natural calamities, weather reasons, etc.
- The farmer’s bank account must be linked to the Aadhaar card.
Benefits offered by the scheme
- The department of Agriculture offers input grants separately
- Rs 6500 per hectare is offered to farmers and there is also a provision to offer not less than Rs 1000 to any farmer
- There will be assessments conducted to check the damage to crops and on the basis of harvesting the necessary funds will be provided to the farmer
- Compensation of Rs 7500 per hectare will be given for loss which stands to be less than 20 percent.
- Rs 10,000 per hectare will be compensated to farmers who have incurred over 20 percent loss.