The Delhi elections are nigh, and voters must therefore take note of whether their name sits on the list or not. Voters of Delhi must ensure before they set out to cast their votes if their name has been mentioned on the CEO Delhi Voter list 2021.
About the CEO Delhi Voter List and Upcoming Elections
According to a report published, about 1.46 crore people are eligible to cast votes in the assembly elections. 66.35 lakh of the aforementioned number are women voters and 80.55 lakh are men.
On the 6th of January, 2021, the election commission uploaded their newest electoral roll on the official portal. This electoral roll, for the voter’s convenience, has been made available to the people in three main languages – Hindi, English and Urdu. The list that has been rolled out is largely divided into two parts:
- Main roll
The Main roll essentially is a constituency-wise list of all eligible voters in Delhi, while the modification section has names and the details of those voters who had registered for changes to be made either in their name, address or even phone numbers, in some cases.
How to check the CEO Delhi Voter list?
- The first step is to visit the official CEO Delhi Electoral Rolls page.
- On this page, the voter has to then choose the language of choice, which will open another page with two other options – “Main roll” and “Modifications”. If you, as a voter, have requested any modifications of any sort in your electoral data, you would be expected to click on “modification” or else, clicking on the “Main roll” should suffice.
- Clicking on the “Main roll” ideally opens up the constituency list in Delhi.
- Once you click on the constituency you ideally belong to, another page will open up with a part number and the locality information.
- You would then need to click on your Part number, which opens up another page where you need to enter the captcha code.
- Enter the captcha code correctly, and then click on the “Next”.
- Clicking on this will open up or Download the PDF electoral roll file of that locality. This page will contain the name and other information like Epic Number, husband/father/guardian name, house number, age, etc.
Summing it up
By following the above-mentioned procedure, residents of Delhi can access their voter information and ensure that their name is on the list that matters. As an informed citizen, it becomes important to check this before going out to cast your vote, lest you’d be sent back home and the outing turns out to be futile.
Voters in Delhi can use the information provided in this article to make sure their name is on the list.