If you are a resident of Punjab, you would be aware that the Punjab State elections are nearing. It is your basic right, as a citizen of Punjab and of India to vote and be a part of the democratic decision about which party gets to administer the state. In case you are wondering if your name has been included in the voter’s list for the upcoming elections, here is how you can go about checking your voter details.
The CEO Punjab has published the Punjab Voter list 2020 and the people of Punjab can check the name in the PDF electoral rolls, final name presented online, and also download the voter ID card at the CEO Punjab website.
The Punjab Voter List 2020-21
All citizens of Punjab can now check their name in the district wise CEO Punjab Voter list 2020 with the photo and can also download their voter ID card. The updated electoral rolls with photos are available in the PDF format not the CEO Punjab website.
How to download the Voter ID from the CEO Punjab website?
If you are eligible to cast a vote in the upcoming elections, then here is how you can go about checking the list and downloading your voter ID card.
- Visit the official website of CEO Punjab
- On the homepage, click at the “Electoral rolls” tab which is present in the main menu or directly click on the “Electoral rolls” to open the page which would show up as below:
- Once you click on the section highlighted in the picture above, click at the “Photo Electoral Roll” link or directly click on here to open the page shown here.
- The next step would be to click on the district name (for example if you are a resident of Ludhiana, then you would have to click on the section reading Ludhiana on the map). This would open the page displaying the assembly constituency names as shown here.
- The next step would be to click on the assembly constituency name and next at “Electoral rolls PDF” and then at the Part number to open the Punjab Voter list with Photo in the PDF format as shown below:
In case you still face any difficulties with finding your name and downloading your Voter ID card online, you can visit the link offered here. It contains the contact details and email IDs of concerned departments that can help you out with your queries.
In order to ensure that you get the voting process going seamlessly in your favour, following the above-mentioned procedure may be of help. Voting is a basic right in a democracy, and with the current pandemic mandates in action going to a centre and procuring your ID cards may well be a difficult undertaking. However, with the Voter ID procedure been digital for quite some years now, it has gotten ready right in due time to serve the nation in times of need.
If you have not downloaded your Voter ID card yet, you should follow the above mentioned steps and do it right away.