Digitization, over the last couple of months, has spread across the country like wildfire. With social distancing foregoing mere protocol and becoming a way of life these days, anything that enables people to take care of tasks remotely is highly appreciated these days. In order to help people access banking information and procedures from the comforts and safety of their households, the government of India has launched a mobile app named DakPay app.
The DakPay app is a safe and reliable payment app that allows the user to access BHIM UPI to make contactless payments using just one’s mobile phone. Using the DakPay app can help users transfer the money instantaneously and also allows them to make swift payments at their favourite offline and even online stores.
The DakPay app is now available to smartphone users. The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) alongside the Department of Posts launched the DakPay digital payment app on the 15th of December 2020.
The purpose of the Dakpay app is to make payments simpler and aims to change the Banking experience all the way to the last mile for users all across the nation. With the Dakpay app, people can now send money safely and instantly. People can link their accounts on DakPay and transfer their money with BHIM UPI.
How to download the DakPay mobile app online?
In order to download the Dakpay app, the following steps need to be followed:
- The smartphone user needs to visit the Google Playstore and type DakPay in the search bar or click here. The user will see the following result:
- The user is supposed to click on the “Install” option next to the search result and the app will be downloaded and installed on the device automatically.
How to register on the app?
- The user has to click on the application.
- Select the preferred language from the options provided.
- Switch the device location on.
- Verify the mobile number and enter all basic details necessary for registration.
- Finally, the user has to select the bank and set UPI PIN, and the DakPay app will be ready to carry out transactions.
What are the services offered by the DakPay App?
Some of the services provided by the India Post Payment Bank DakPay are mentioned herewith:
- UPI – lately a hit among people, the UPI is fast and easy bank payment transfers.
- VDC – this allows users to shop and make payments with a digital debit card provided by RuPay.
- DMT – This allows instant money transfers to any bank account in the country.
- AEPS – the Aadhaar enabled payment method adds an extra layer of security services which enables users to avail banking services at their doorstep using biometric authentication – full access with no compromise on security.
- Bill payments – People can now bill payments to roughly about 470+ billers.
- Postal Products – customers can now make payments for postal products like RDs, PPFs, Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts, etc.
Summing it up
With the popularity of digital platforms of payment on the rise, the postal services have pulled out a masterstroke in the form of DakPay – which not only makes payments easier, but it also enables people to maintain social distancing and yet carry out banking procedures.