Year after year we experience the perils of climate change. And for all the years that people carried on with sheer ignorance, denying the very existence of global warming, we are now getting to face the full brunt of a very irate mother Nature.
To curb the effects of global warming due to increased emissions of vehicles, the government of Delhi approved the Delhi Electric Vehicles subsidy scheme, to encourage residents to move to a much more eco-friendly option for their commute.
Vision and goal behind launching the Delhi Electric Vehicles subsidy 2020
The main objective of the Delhi Electric Vehicle Subsidy policy 2020 is to establish Delhi – which has its reputation tarnished lately as one of the most polluted cities in Asia – as the Electronic Vehicle or EV capital of India and to accelerate the pace of EV adoption in people’s lifestyle.
This scheme is aimed at brining EV adoption across several vehicular segments especially in the mass category of two wheelers and public/private transport vehicles, good carriers, etc.
The policy is even aimed at brining Battery Electric Vehicles into people’s lives at a rapid pace so that it can contribute to 25% of all new vehicle registrations by 2024 and bring about drastic improvement in Delhi’s environment by brining down emission levels due to the transport sector.
Implementation of the Delhi Electric Vehicle subsidy scheme
There are several pointers being looked at before implementing the policy out to the masses. These pointers discuss how the scheme can be implemented to the people of Delhi in a seamless fashion. These pointers are mentioned herewith
- Financial incentives: People are almost often driven by financial motives. By offering subsidies on electric vehicles, more people opting for these vehicles simply due to its cost-efficiency.
- Waivers: Those who opt for electric vehicles will have their road tax and registration fees waived off
- Establishing charging spots: to make the commute easier and hassle-free, the Delhi government intends to set up charging stations and swappable battery stations and aims to maintain a publicly owned database of the same.
- Employment: The switch to electric vehicles will also open up job roles to many, who, when trained, will offer assistance regarding the EV ecosystem and make the EV experience all the more lucid overall.
- Eco-friendly: The main assistance for the implementation of the EV policy is to create a recycling ecosystem for car batteries that will eventually reduce automobile waste and contribute to a greener and better future for Delhi.
There are several Electronic vehicles that are awaiting the implementation of this scheme. From buses to cars and even two-wheelers, the possibilities seem to be endless. With this scheme on the horizon, things look a lot more promising for Delhi, especially in the light of the health hazards its people are facing lately.
With the Electronic vehicle subsidy, more people will now opt for not only a cheaper option of commuting but also pride over being a more eco-friendly person. It is time to heal nature, one outing at a time.