Coronavirus has indeed brought upon us some unprecedented times. Nobody was prepared for the onset of a pandemic this worse. And while the world still reels from the effects of the initial lockdowns, the loom persists in the absence of a clear vaccination against the disease. Millions worldwide have lost jobs due to mandatory lockdowns and fetching means of daily sustenance has grown to be a matter of grave concern among the masses.
To help the people out in India, the government of India has initiated the Employment Guidance and Promotion centres, so as to offer a glimmer of hope through employment to financially distressed families.
Registering with employment exchange
What is an Employment Exchange?
For those unaware of the terminologies here, an Employment exchange essentially is an organization that provides employment assistance to people on the basis of their qualification and their prior experiences. The Departments of Employment across several states in India allow unemployed educated youngsters to pre-register for impending job vacancies across several sectors of their respective states.
This specific Employment Exchange has lately been renamed as “Employment Guidance and Promotion centres” as the focus now shifts to vocational guidance and career counselling besides other clerical matters like registration, submission and placement.
Online registration process with the Employment Guidance and Promotion centre
- In order to register with the employment guidance and promotion centre, one needs to visit the official website
- If the applicant is not a registered member, she/he would have to create an account on the platform first
- Login to the State Employment exchange website with the credentials
- Select the district name and in case of certain states, the native state and district details would also be asked.
- Fill the profile form and on submission of the form, an acknowledgement containing the registration number, registration date and Name of the employment exchange would be generated
- The acknowledgement created is printed and kept for future reference
- The applicant is expected to produce all relevant certificates in support of education, experience, caste, sports, any disability (issued by the Medical Board/CMO), ex-servicemen, widow, freedom fighter and proof of residence, etc to the Employment Exchange mentioned within 15 days from the day of registration. This time limit may differ from state to state.
Documents needed to apply for the service
The applicant is expected to procure any one of the following documents to stand as proof of residence:
- Ration card
- Voter ID card
- Certificate from the Municipal councilor/sarpanch
- Proof of job in the state of either of the parents
- Certificates of education in the state
- Letter from a gazetted officer or the school head
- Certificate issued by an MLA/MP
- Domicile certificate
Benefits of the Employment Exchange
- Job seekers can now find a suitable job as per their qualification
- Registered job seekers can check the status of their application on the job waiting-list which is online
- Employment exchange offers a unique Registration number, which can be a reference while applying for jobs especially government jobs
- Whenever there is a vacancy in a government job, it would be announced alongside a list of registered members with suitable educational profiles being forwarded to employers for further consideration.