Leaders are those who rise above the pressure and guide people towards a common goal, one that benefits each team member. Considering the pace at which the country is progressing, there definitely is a need for able leaders to step up to the ranks and direct all this pace towards a unified direction and take the nation to heights it has never been to before.
To encourage and empower more leaders to rise to the ranks, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) in collaboration with the Central government has launched the Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) programme which inherently aims to offer leadership programmes to the tribal youth through the online platform.
More about the GOAL Programme
With the world growing to be increasingly digital, the central government of India sees this as an opportunity to reach out to people and enhance their skills which will eventually benefit the nation in the long run. This scheme is a digitally enabled programme and will act as a catalyst to explore the hidden talents of urban youth.
The Going Online As Leaders programme will help tribal youth to acknowledge their skills and talents and put them to better use; which will also help them rise through their poverty and make something for themselves.
The programme will also coach the youth in personality development so that their presence attracts more clients and enhances their efficiency as a leader. Education is the key that will open the doors to a better life for these tribal youth. The GOAL programme will reach out to 2,500 leaders from across the country and connect them to the tribal youth, who will learn from these leaders. Such leaders will be in a position to personally mentor 5,000 youth from the tribal community across the country.
Salient features of the Going Online As Leaders Programme
- GOAL essentially is a joint initiative of Facebook India and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA); a branch of the Central government of India.
- Around 5,000 young tribal entrepreneurs, professionals, artisans and artists will be trained on several aspects involving leadership like digital skills, management skills, etc.
- All interested candidates from tribal societies are invited to apply for the programme online at https://goal.tribal.gov.in/.
- The start day for the application is 4th May 2021 and the last date to apply stands to be 3rd July 2021.
- Several leaders and trainers from industry and academia are invited to register as mentors on the official portal.
Summing it up
Leaders are not born, they are made. And the GOAL programme stands testimonial to the same philosophy. Often, due to financial circumstances, leaders and their skills go unexplored. Due to this, the immense potential of the nation slides under the carpet, bearing no fruit whatsoever.
With the GOAL programme in effect, leaders from tribal communities have a chance and a platform to display their abilities and do something good for themselves, for their community and also for the nation.