Over the years, various states have come up with various schemes for the welfare of the girl child. It has been noticed, through the Census data, that the increasing gender gap poses to be a problem at the moment for the nation’s overall development, and in the long run, will cascade into something much worse.
The Himachal government also has taken an initiative in this direction and has started the Himachal Pradesh Beti hai Animal Yojana 2020. This is a scholarship scheme for girls in Himachal Pradesh and happens to be a scheme that has been inspired by the Central Government’s Beta Bachao Beti Padhao scheme which aims to encourage women education across the nation.
What does the Himachal Pradesh Beti Hai Animal Yojana offer?
Under the Beti Hai Anmol yojana, the Himachal Pradesh government will offer scholarships of Rs 300 to Rs 1200 to girl students who have passed the 12th class and wish to study further. By offering this financial support to girl children across the state in the form of scholarship, the Himachal Pradesh government wishes to encourage more girls to knock on education’s doors and pursue higher education so they get to create a life for themselves.
This scheme primarily covers those from the Below Poverty Line – BPL and the scheme extends up to 2 girls in the family.
All girls in Himachal Pradesh who have passed their 12th standard examinations and are currently pursuing BA, B.Com, B.Sc, Engineering, Medical, or even Law courses can avail of this scheme.
How to apply online for the HP Beti Hai Animal Scheme?
Here is how one can apply for the Beti Hai Anmol scheme online:
- The first step is to visit the official website
- At the homepage of the website, click on the “Women and Child Welfare Department” and then the list of services that will open as below. Click on the “Apply” section.
- There will be a new window opening as soon as you click on Apply. Click on the “Sign up” tab for new user registration. Upon clicking the Sign-up Link, there will be the Beti Hai Anmol yojana form opening up as shown here.
- Enter all the details in the form above and click on the “Register” tab to complete the registration process after which the applicants can log in to apply online for the scheme.
- In the final step, the applicant can enter the User ID, the password, user type, and the captcha that follows and then hit the “Submit” button. Fill in the remaining details in the application form thereafter.
Once all the details are filled in, the application form stands filled online. The form will reach the concerned authorities for further approvals.
The Beti Hai Anmol scheme in Himachal Pradesh stands to be a fine example of a progressive government. With this financial assistance offered to girls in the state, education will no longer be a daunting matter for parents of girl children.
This scheme stands to be a big step in the direction of women empowerment.