Andhra Pradesh has been one of those states that has always prioritized the implementation of educational schemes. It has always ensured that every student in the state at least receives basic education and educational facilities so that the quality of education they receive is top-notch.
To continue with their tireless efforts of imparting avenues to seamless education, the state government has initiated yet another scheme, known as the Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme.
What is the Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme 2020-21?
Under this scheme, the state government of Andhra Pradesh aims to provide educational kits to government school students. The state government will provide these kits which will contain three pairs of uniforms, textbooks, notebooks, a pair of shoes, two pairs of socks, belts, and a school bag to each student all the way from class 1 to class 10 students in government schools.
How to apply for the Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme?
There is no procedure to apply online for the scheme, as there simply is no need to do that. The scheme will be distributing kits to students across all government schools and it will essentially be implemented by the school education department of the Andhra Pradesh government.
Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits details
The kits will be distributed among students on the reporting day which will consist of the following items:
- 3 pairs of uniform: each student will be provided with three pairs of school uniform as per their fit and size.
- 2 pairs of socks: two pairs of socks will be offered to students and these would be all-weather socks which would be offered in the Video Kanuka kit.
- A pair of shoes: each student will be offered with one pair of shoes of either black or white colour.
- Textbooks and notebooks: textbooks and notebooks will be offered to students according to their class and would be provided to students on the same reporting day, alongside their kit.
- 1 belt: students would be given a belt as an accessory to their uniform
- Bag: a school bag that matches the size of the student in accordance to his/her class will also be provided to students so that they can carry their books and several study materials from home to school and back home again.
Summing it up
For years, students have been dropping out of school since they lack the resources required for smooth academic sessions. A lot can also be attributed to their psychology. If students do not have proper uniforms or shoes or studying material, it largely impacts their attention and hampers concentration. In such a case, any and every effort from the educator falls on deaf ears.
To help students not drop out of government schools and at least stick around to attain basic education , the Andhra government has initiated this scheme. The AP government has also identified 9 basic components including toilets, fans, access to safe drinking water, proper furniture, compound walls, and science labs among others to be key factors to work on.
This will make education a whole lot better for students year after year as they would be motivated to show up to school.