The Kalia Yojana is basically a Chief Minister’s initiative in Odisha which is made with the interests of farmers at its very core. Farmers are the backbone of the nation’s agrarian economy, and there is no denying the fact that due to unstable climate and corruption-laden socio-political systems, farmers are usually at the losing end, almost every time.
To make things better for toiling farmers, the Government of Odisha has launched the Kalia scheme.
Online form for the scheme
In order to be able to benefit from the scheme, the applicant must simply visit the official website of the scheme and click on the “apply online” link for a new application.
Then, the applicant has to fill the AADHAR number and hit the “show” button where the form will appear. The applicant would fill in the details, attach the necessary documents, and submit the form.
Benefits of the Kalia Yojana
Some of the most useful benefits are:
- ₹5000 will be provided to farmers as an incentive.
- A total sum of ₹25000 was paid to beneficiaries
- The money would be directly transferred to the bank account of the applicant.
- The landless farmers have obtained up to ₹12500 annually.
- The beneficiaries would also get an accidental coverage of ₹2 lakhs at a premium of just ₹12.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Odisha
- Applicant must belong to the marginal or below poverty line category
- If the applicant falls under the tax structure, the application would be rejected
- If the farmer is working for the state government or central government, they would not be eligible
- Applicant should have a functional bank account