The world has seen the power of going digital and how it can make the world move forward even with a pandemic thwarting every notion of normalcy. Looking at what digitisation can achieve and it makes processes a lot easier, the Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY) has launched the MEITY Digital India Internship scheme.
This scheme will look at training young interns and offer them remuneration for their efforts as well. Eventually, the implementation of the scheme will enable candidates to receive due training needed to make it big in a world that is largely driven by technology; and also so that along with the manual approach, the notion of unemployment also becomes antediluvian – something that belongs to primitive ages.
About the MeitY Digital India internship
Under the skill development initiative by the Central Government, the implementation of the scheme will see ₹10,000 offered per candidate per month as a stipend. The venue of the internship will be New Delhi.
The Central government will choose 25 candidates each session – summer and winter. These candidates will receive a monthly stipend from the Central government.
The main objective of the scheme is to provide skill development to the youth of the nation. This will give them first hand and practical work experience which will count for their whole life. The Government will provide this internship under the guidance of a mentor. The Digital India Internship scheme 2021 is a major step towards acknowledgement and working towards the transformative initiative of Digital India.
Digital India Internship Online application form 2021
Here are the steps to apply online for the governmental internship
- Visit the official website of MeitY Online Digital India internship
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply for Internship” link which will take the candidate to an external website
- On the additional page, click on the “register yourself” link and then the Internship scheme online Registration form will appear as follow:
- The candidate is supposed to fill in the necessary details and click on the “Submit” button to complete the Registration process
- The candidate can then click on the “Apply for Service” or “Login” and then enter their username, password, captcha code and click on the “Log in” button to login to the website
- Once the login is complete, click on the “Apply for services” and then click on the “View services”. Finally, click on the “Apply” tab to complete the application process for this internship scheme.
Eligibility criteria to qualify for the scheme
In order to qualify for the scheme, here is what you need:
- The applicant should be an Indian student from recognised universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and should currently be pursuing B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc (Electronics)/MCA/LL.B will be eligible
- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in Summer 2021 will not be eligible for the scheme. Only students who are in the previous one year will be eligible
- Possessing minimum qualification as mentioned above shall not guarantee an internship with the ministry. Candidates need to have exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualifications.