The gender disparity in India reached an alarming level by the turn of the century. A country cannot possibly be deemed progressive and developing if the women in the nation do not find equal opportunities and an equal stature.
Acknowledging the disparity and offering a solution to gender inequality in India, various state governments have undertaken several initiatives. One such initiative happens to be Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, undertaken by the state of Bihar.
Objective of the scheme
Education is the prime tool, that helps individuals flourish in life. The primary agenda of the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana is to enable a brighter future for the girl child in Bihar. The main objective is to offer facilities and opportunities to girls so that they can become financially independent individuals when they grow up.
The scheme promises to offer financial assistance to the girl child as she grows up, so that she never misses out on opportunities due to the lack of funds.
Benefits of the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana 2020
The installments of the financial assistance offered by the scheme are as follows:
- On the birth of the girl: at the time of birth, the girl child will receive ₹5000. This amount will be given out in phases. At the age of 1, the government will give ₹1000 to the child’s guardian. The girl child should be linked to an Aadhaar account to avail of this amount. The final installment will be offered when the girl child is immunized properly.
- On passing intermediate examinations: when the girl passes intermediate exams, she will receive ₹10,000 as an incentive. To avail this amount, however, the girl child has to be unmarried. Married girls will not get any benefit from this scheme. This step has been taken to discontinue child marriage
- On passing Bachelor’s degree: the girl will be offered ₹25,000 on attaining a Bachelor’s degree. Every student must have a graduate course from a government recognized college and again the scheme would not be applicable to those individuals who are married.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Visit the official website: http://edudbt.bih.nic.in/.
- On the homepage, you will see the option to click for the application form.
- The online registration page will pop up on the screen then, which the applicant has to fill up and then note down the registration details
- The applicant has to enter the required details of the girl child such as the registration number and the date of birth of the girl child.
- Click on the login option
- Fill in the information required in the application form and then print out the application and save it for future reference.
Summing it up
With this, the girl child will feel infinitely more empowered. This scheme will prove to be a beacon of hope for countless girls who feel helpless. This scheme is more than just a scheme; it is a trendsetter – a ray of hope emanating from the brighter future of India.