The National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) has been a Government of India initiative and it has been launched on 19th August 2016. The scheme aims to facilitate industrial training to people so that they get to experience and participate in the ground level scenario of a well-functioning unit.
The scheme was designed to encourage apprenticeship in all the sectors including manufacturing units. The NAPS also provides a platform for industry exposure and allows the candidates to be able to perform well as an apprenticeship. This raises the chances of getting selected for employment at the same company or organization.
Moreover, the apprenticeship that is being offered also has the added advantage of being paid with a stipend. The Govt. of India contributes a maximum amount of Rs. 1500 as part of the stipend amount, also provided by the company. Then again, the basic training cost is also shared by the company and the government. There are two types of training that are offered, and the ‘on-job-training’ and basic training.
The Basic training can be done at National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI), National Skill Training Institutes (W), Government Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), and Private ITI All the details related to National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) can be found on their official webpage https://apprenticeshipindia.org.
Categories Of Apprentices
There are five categories of apprentice namely:
- Trade apprentice
- Graduate apprentices
- Technician apprentices
- Vocational apprentices
- Optional trade apprentices
Registration and online application for the apprenticeship under this scheme can be done from this website. The status of the application for apprenticeship and other details of the company or organizations are also available on the webpage.
Registration and Online NAPS Application Procedure:
- The user has to visit the official webpage of the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS), which is https://apprenticeshipindia.org and click on the “apply for apprenticeship training.”
- Immediately after clicking, a page would open with the online form for searching the correct apprenticeship. The user has to fill out all the details in the form and then click search.
- The appropriate apprenticeship opportunity will be displayed according to the search options selected earlier. The user needs to click on the ‘apply online link’ and the registration page will be displayed.
- All required details need to be filled in and then submitted whereby, the application will be sent to the establishment for its approval.
How to check status of Online NAPS Application?
- The user can easily check the status of an application for an apprenticeship on the website.
- One has to search for ‘apprenticeship status’ and a page will be displayed where the user needs to fill in details of registration number and personal information related to identity.
- After this, a click on the ‘search options’ tab will take one to the page where the application status would be displayed on the webpage.
Required Documents for NAPS Application:
The documents required for application for apprenticeship are:
- Aadhar number
- Aadhar link bank account
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Moreover, the eligibility criterion for application is the age of apprentice should be more than 14 years, the candidate should have an AADHAR card, should match with the minimum age, educational qualification, and physical qualification prescribed for trade.