India has always struggled to break the shackles of poverty, time and again, simply because providing education at the grass-root levels has always been a challenge for several governments. However, with the turn of the century and with the influx of technology and enhancements in connectivity, education can now be looked at as accessible and all-encompassing.
The Odisha Government, in the light of recent developments in technology and education, has launched the Malati Devi Prak Vidyalaya Paridhan Yojana. Through this scheme, the Odisha government aims to offer education to those from the economically weaker sections of society.
Objective of the Odisha Malati Devi Prak Vidyalaya Paridhan Yojana
Opportunities will be offered to students from the financially weaker sections of the society through the implementation of this scheme. The Odisha Malati Devi Prak Vidyalaya Paridhan Yojana aims to uplift the financially marginalized and offer them an equal platform to earn for themselves a life full of dignity and self-earned sustenance.
The scheme aims to provide uniform to students who are currently studying in Anganwadi centres.
Benefits of the Odisha Malati Devi Prak Vidyalaya Paridhan Yojana
There are several benefits that the scheme offers for students who are looking at education to be a beacon of hope; a source of escapism from their current financial predicament.
Some of the benefits are:
- Offering free education to all students who find it very difficult to attain even basic education.
- Offering free uniforms to students whose parents cannot afford those for them.
- The scheme will also reduce the risk of bullying of students who are from the financially weaker sections of the society.
- Dress code implementation and uniformity will be attained by the implementation of this scheme.
- Peer pressure will be prevented drastically and it will also encourage a sense of professionalism in the students at as a level as Anganwadi.
- Students, through this scheme, will finally be able to focus on their studies and not on things otherwise.
Implementation of the scheme
Offering uniforms to students encourage them to go to school and not be reluctant towards the institution – which, so far, has held the reputation of belittling students sometimes for not having a proper attire to academic sessions.
There are several administrations looking into the implementation of the Odisha Malati Devi Prak Vidyalaya Paridhan Yojana. These administrations are Supplementary Nutrition Program (SNP) and Early Childhood Care Education (ECCE).
The scheme aims to arrange two pairs of uniforms for about 14.83 lakh pre-schoolers in Odisha by the 2nd of October, 2020.
This scheme also offers employment to SHGs as over 1344 SHGs were involved with the sewing of outfits.
Summing it up
In order to benefit from the scheme, there is no online application procedure as of yet. But the very fact that such a scheme exists exudes a lot of hope to students all over the state who are enthusiastic about studying and turning their fortunes in their favor in the years to come.