UIDAI always has an innovation or another up its sleeve to make the user experience better. To make matters better for citizens, the UIDAI has launched a new Aadhaar PVC card service in which it plans to provide PVC printed card with Aadhaar details alongside it.
This new PVC enabled cards will come with a total of seven features wherein the PVC card promises to be an easy-to-handle card, quite like the credit or debit card.
UIDAI, to make things official, provided the information through a tweet.
In the tweet, UIDAI said, “Loaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable offline.”
What is the Aadhaar PVC card?
The UIDAI has facilitated a new service alongside the Aadhaar by enabling the PVC card. This PVC card will display the Aadhaar card details of the holder on a typical polyvinyl chloride card.
Used for identification, the PVC card will be given out to citizens at really nominal charges.
This makes the Aadhaar a lot more accessible as people who do not have a registered mobile number can also order using a non-register or alternative mobile number.
How to apply for the card if you do not have a registered mobile number?
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Click on the section “Order Aadhaar PVC card” under the section “My Aadhaar section”
- Aadhaar number (UID) or Enrolment ID (EID) to be entered.
- Click on the option, “My mobile number is not registered” after entering the security code or captcha that you see in the picture
- Enter your preferred mobile number on which you wish to receive the OTP to be entered.
- Check the checkbox alongside the T&C and submit OTP on the given mobile number
- Preview the Aadhaar PVC card and only after knowing that everything is correct, you can click on the submit button.
- Once you select Submit, select the online payment mode and pay by clicking on the “Make Payment” option.
- You would have to pay Rs 50 on the payment gateway.
- As soon as the payment is processed, your Aadhaar PVC card order will be placed.
What are the features that come along with the new Aadhaar PVC card?
The UIDAI states that the Aadhaar PVC card comes in with seven features that make the card immensely useful to citizens.
Its security features include QR code with photographs, and demographic details, hologram, micro text, ghost image, issue, and the print date, and an embossed Aadhaar logo.
These security features make it harder than ever to illegally duplicate an Aadhaar card and this would drastically reduce fraudulent cases across the nation.
The Aadhaar, over the years, revolutionized identity tracking and it has now gotten a whole lot safer and better. In the years to come, the Aadhaar PVC pairing will make matters simpler both for the citizens and the government as well.
With this, people will find it easier to avail of the benefits of government schemes.