RAISE or Responsible AI for Social Empowerment summit will be hosted by India on the 7th of October 2020. The summit is a huge one and it can be estimated by the fact that Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself will inaugurate the five-day global summit which will revolve around Artificial Intelligence as a theme. The summit will be organized by the Government of India in collaboration with Industry and Academia all over the nation.
Confirming the event, PM Modi tweeted on his official handle,
“Looking forward to addressing The Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) Virtual Summit at 7 pm this evening. This Summit brings together tech leaders from across the world to discuss aspects relating to AI. DO watch!”
This tweet was posted on the 5th of October 2020.
The involvement of AI in social welfare matters has been a prospect that has garnered governmental attention from all over the world. As the world gets increasingly digital, handling such huge swathes of data effectively will help governments create better welfare schemes for its masses.
In June this year, the government of India partnered with the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) as a founding member to support effective, ethical, and human-oriented development and further use of AI.
Other countries in the summit
India is not the only forerunner in getting its hand on the amazing powers of AI. There are other countries who will be participating in the summit as well. These other countries include the United States of America, United Kingdom, European Union, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, and Singapore.
Some key points about the RAISE 2020 Summit
Here are some key points you should bear in mind in case you are interested in gaining information from the AI summit.
- The RAISE 2020 is a virtual global summit on AI which begins from the 5th of October and ends on the 9th of October 2020. These scheduled sessions will be conducted between 10:30 am to 9 pm each day.
- Due to the lockdown mandate and restriction on movement worldwide, the nature of the event would be virtual and would be held online. The access for the event, therefore, can be accessed upon online registration. Click here to know more about the registration.
- The summit would ideally be a meeting of great leaders and thinkers from all around the world. This is where ideas regarding the role of AI in the socio-political context would be assessed and leaders will aim at charting a course to use AI for social wellbeing. Areas, where AI will be aimed at integrating, would be agriculture, education, healthcare, among several other fields.
- Key speakers from India would be. PM Modi, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, the CEO of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant, chairman and the managing director of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani, Sangita Reddy – joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals, among many more.
- All sessions for the RAISE event will be free of cost, so participants can register for free.