For years, several governments have attempted to create a uniform space in society for the differently-abled and the Punjab government is one of the latest entrants in these benevolent attempts. With the Punjab Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Yojana, the Punjab government aims to offer the differently-abled people in Punjab an equal chance at a life with dignity, self-reliance, and most importantly – respect.
About the Punjab Divyangjan Shaktikaran Yojana
To empower the differently-abled, the government of Punjab initiated a new scheme that will stand to be cabinet approved and will be implemented in a phased manner across the state of Punjab.
Phase 1 of the scheme: It will look at strengthening the existing programs so as to ensure benefits of those existing schemes designed for the differently-abled actually reach them.
Phase 2 of the scheme: This will introduce 13 new interventions proposed to be undertaken for the empowerment of the differently-abled.
Objective of the Punjab Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Yojana
The main objective of the scheme is to clear the job quota backlog for the differently-abled individuals under the pre-existing state employment plan.
Another important objective of the scheme is to give greater thrust on filling the vacant posts for differently-abled individuals in the next six months.
Procedure to apply online for the Punjab Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Yojana
In order to apply for the scheme, here is a stepwise application procedure that should help you avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The first step is to visit the official website of the Punjab Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Yojana.
- On the homepage, there will be the “Apply” option.
- The application form will be displayed on the home screen.
- The applicant is expected to enter the required details and upload the supporting documents.
- The applicant finally would have to submit the application by simply clicking the submit option.
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
Here is a list of documents needed for the application process:
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- PWD Certificate
- Passport size photos
- Mobile number to receive and submit OTP and other necessary updates.
Criteria to qualify for the Punjab Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Yojana
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Punjab
- The applicant must be a differently-abled citizen.
Key features of the scheme
- The scheme has been approved on the 20th of November and its implementation is currently being worked on.
- The plan will be launched in two phases to ensure no differently-abled individual is left behind.
- The aim was to enroll all persons with unique disability IDs so that they could benefit from the 30 pre-existing schemes and programmes.
- Among other existing issues, the scheme aims to fill the backlog of PwDs in government jobs which were ideally reserved for them.
- The scheme also includes facilities like Healthcare, education, offering dignified jobs, etc.
Wrapping it up
To ensure the welfare of the citizens, the governments have to increasingly get inclusive. Those who are differently-abled have a lot of potentials to offer and it is only when they are offered the chance they so rightly deserve is when they can shine.