Women’s rights have been a constant issue ever since we constituted ourselves as a republic government. With societal bias seeping into the constitution, women have had it tough since the very beginning. However, with changing times come the winds of change which bring along women’s rights and opportunities leading to a fairer, more gender-balanced world.
The government of Rajasthan, a state too plagued with backward notions about the societal position of women, has initiated a scheme to battle this social issue – the Rajasthan Gargi Puraskar 2020.
What is the Gargi Award scheme?
The Rajasthan Gargi Puraskar scheme is a state scheme promising young girls who study well and score 75% and above in class 10th and 12th in the state board exams a sum of ₹3,000 to ₹5,000 and they would be felicitated to celebrate their hard work and efforts.
How to apply for the Rajasthan Gargi Puraskar Scheme?
In order to apply for the scheme to avail of the benefits the scheme offers, here is how one can go about the process:
- The first step would be to visit the official website of the Rajasthan Gargi Puraskar yojana.
- On the homepage, click on the option “Balika Shiksha Protshahan” which should appear as follows
- In the next step, click on the option “Gargi award”
- Once clicked, the application form will open on the computer screen
- On filling the application form to the best of the applicant’s knowledge and information, the applicant is expected to read through once again for verification to cross-check the details.
- Applicants also need to be mindful of which year they are filling the form, as the form is available in two variants – grade 10 and grade 12. So before filling the form, please be aware of which form is being filled.
- Once the correct option is clicked, the following file will open up on the screen:
- In this step, the applicant would have to fill in the girl child’s name, roll number, mobile number, OTP that has been sent on the registered number.
- Only after entering the right OTP is when the application form will appear. All the information and documents have to be submitted correctly here
- The last step would be to click on the submit button and the online application for the Rajasthan Gargi yojana would stand done here.
What is the eligibility for the Gargi Puraskar?
In order to be eligible for the Gargi Puraskar, the following criteria need to be met:
- The applicant should secure 75% or more in either class 10 or class 12.
- The student must have a class 12 or class 10 certificate from the school
- The student should have a bank account – the prize money will be directly sent to the student’s bank account only
- The marks table should be sent along with the filled form to the state department for verification.
With this scheme in place, girls in Rajasthan have a motivating factor to work hard towards their board exams. The financial boost will help young girls finance their further studies and make a living for themselves.