Education stands at the forefront of the countries priorities. After all, it sets the basic foundation for practically every other field there exists. To establish good quality education across the nation, the government started with the Samagra Shiksha scheme.
What is this scheme about?
The Samagra Shiksha scheme is a programme for the education sector that is meant to extend from pre-school to grade 12. It is meant to achieve the broader goal of improving school effectiveness which is measured in terms of equal opportunities for schooling and equitable learning outcomes.
Prime objectives of the scheme:
The scheme has certain objectives it intends to achieve in order to establish a base for sound education across the nation. They are as follows:
- Provisions made for quality education and enhancing the learning outcomes of students.
- Bridging the social and gender gaps in school education across the nation
- Ensuring equity and inclusion at all levels
- Making sure that vocations are paid attention to in the school curriculum.
Major Features of the scheme:
- A holistic approach to education
- Ensuring definite necessary educational reforms
- Enhancing the funding towards education
- Highlighting the quality of education provided to students
- Emphasis on digital education
- Focusing on girl child education and creating schools that are inclusive in nature
- Focusing on skill-based education and working on the child’s physical and mental well-being
With all these objectives in place, the Samagra Shiksha mission is on the highway towards achieving top-quality education for every student across the nation.
For more information click here.