The launch of a new scheme seems to be underway, as Delhi braces for the onset of the Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Yojana for farmers. Under the Kisan Mitra Yojana, the state government will provide 50% extra amount than the specified MSP of crops to farmers.
According to the Delhi Government, the MSP of crops like wheat, rice and other such yields would be aptly revised under the accurate recommendations of the Swaminathan Aayog.
Objective of the Kisan Mitra Yojana
The prime objective of the Kisan Mitra Yojana is to basically provide more money to farmers to grow crops effectively. This money would be funded by the state government.
The objective revolves around ensuring 1.5 times the MSP which goes as promised to improve livelihood and standard of living of farmers in Delhi.
What are the eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the Kisan Mitra Yojana?
In order to avail the benefits that comes with the Kisan Mitra Yojana, the following criteria needs to be fulfilled:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Delhi
- Only farmers with their own land can lay claim on the benefits that come with the Kisan Mitra Yojana
- Farmers need to have a regular record of farming activities
- The farmer must have a bank account with definite bank papers in place
- The name of the farmer should be included in the Khasara Khatauni of farming land.
With the right amount of help, the farmers are sure to progress and be enthusiastic about the work they carry out. The right intention and support goes a long way in making their lives a whole lot easier.