The UP High-Security Registration Plates for Vehicles was mandated by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH). The provision for this has been included in the CMVR 1989 Rule 50 where it is stated that all 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers should have the High-Security Registration Plate. This rule had made it a compulsory activity.
The HSRP program was rolled out by the state of government of Uttar Pradesh when it announced online registration of the same for ease of operation and accessibility. The registration is conducted through a portal that has all the detailed information about HSPR and also all the processes can be done through the webpage.
About High-Security Registration Plates
The High-Security Registration Plate is a vehicle registration plate that is made of aluminum with a hot-stamped chromium-based hologram of Ashoka Chakra.
A 10-digit PIN (permanent identification number)is also engraved with laser technology on the registration plate. This unique identification number is electronically linked to the vehicle. A chassis number and the engine number is also stored as data linked to the identification number.
The HSRP is made mandatory to locate and track a vehicle easily, even if it is tampered with or gets stolen. The plate is difficult to remove and the identification number helps in tracking and is of various other uses.
The state government of Uttar Pradesh has recently announced that it is ready to roll out the HSRP plan in the state. The entire registration will take place through the webpage bookmyhsrp.com.
Registration Procedure & other details
- The user has to visit the official homepage of bookmyhsrp.com and click on the first option of HSRP Number Plate Plus Colour Plate which will open up a new web page where the user has to select an option between private vehicle and commercial vehicle. Once the user chooses the vehicle, then it leads to a selection of few more attributes like Fuel Type,2 wheeler or 4 wheeler, Vehicle make, the brand.
- After selection of the specific characteristics of the vehicle, the user is directed to the page of choosing the State and the Dealer. After this, the user is required to fill out a form that is the vehicle information and then the booking/appointment details.
- Payment can be done online and the order gets completed after the user has made the payment and got a confirmation through a text message on phone or email.
- The status of the appointment booking can be checked on the official webpage by clicking on the ‘check appointment status’ tab which requires information like the Order number, Vehicle Registration number, and a captcha for verification. After entering the details, the webpage immediately displays the status of the booking.
- The number of orders for HSRP in the state of Uttar Pradesh has gone up to more than 4 lakhs and around 2 lakhs for color-coded stickers. Moreover, 52,709 home delivery orders have been already catered to since November. Then again there has been an increase in the number of dealers authorized to affix the HSRP on the vehicle.
Hence, the HSRP is a tech-friendly program implemented by the state government to help vehicle owners and other stakeholders track, locate their vehicle, if necessary with many more additional facilities.