Though India is a developing nation, there still happens to be a massive chunk of it being held behind by regressive thoughts and beliefs. These thoughts and beliefs majorly include the secondary position of women in society. For the longest time, women have tried to survive in this regressive society with the lack of opportunities for personal growth.
Breaking from the shackles of a regressive society, the UP government has come up with a fantastic plan to elevate the position of women in society. This is through the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
Benefits of the scheme
The scheme will be implemented across various grades, to facilitate the growth and development of women in society.
The implementation will happen across 6 categories:
- Newborn girls born on or after 01/04/2019 will be benefited with a sum of Rs 2000
- Young girls who have been vaccinated within a year and not born before 01/04/2018 will get a lump sum of Rs 1000.
- Girls who have taken admission in the first grade during the current academic year will get a sum of Rs 2000
- Girls who have taken admission in grade Six during the current academic year will get a sum of Rs 2000
- Girls who have taken admission in grade Nine in the current academic year will get a sum of Rs 3000
- Girls who have passed grade 10 or 12 and have taken admission in a Bachelor’s degree will be benefited with a sum of Rs 5000.
The UP government has taken some really progressive steps to improve the position of women in the society; and the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana is the first step towards a progressive, cohesive nation.