The Lockdown has stranded a lot of Indians all over the world and it is about time the Government makes provisions to reunite families in such trying times. To ensure the safe retrieval of people stuck abroad, while keeping in mind the health advisory, the government of India started the Vande Bharat Mission.
In order to get yourself tickets to be a part of the mission, you would have to log on to the official website of Air India: www.airindia.in. You would be taken through the process for booking your tickets and there would also be customer service available to help you out if you find yourself in a fix while booking tickets.
The fares for flight tickets vary depending on the country you are stuck in. Flights from USA to India average around ₹1,00,000 while flights from the UK to India could cost you anywhere around ₹50,000
Other such prices include:
- Singapore to India: ₹18,000-₹20,000
- Dhaka to Delhi: ₹12,000
- Dubai to Delhi/Amritsar/Kochi: ₹13,000
- Abu Dhabi to Hyderabad: ₹15,000
- Kuwait to Ahmedabad: ₹14,000 (Kuwait to Hyderabad: ₹20,000)
In order to register yourself, visit the official Air India website and you will be informed about the registration. You can even visit the Indian embassy located in your area.
- Priority would be given to transient workers who are laid off, momentary visa holders nearing expiry of visa, people with health-related issues, etc.
- The applicant has to enlist themselves with the Indian mission weblink.
- The expense of the movement will be borne by the traveler.
- All travelers will be approached to download the AarogyaSetu app