Farmers in India find it increasingly difficult to make ends meet with the income they make. Sustaining themselves and their families turns out to be an elephantine task, as their incomes are uncertain and largely dependent on variable factors like weather, soil quality, seed quality and the changing socio-political scenario which changes the prices of goods sold from time to time.
The West Bengal government, in light of the issues faced by the farmers in the state, has decided to help them out. The West Bengal Shasya Bima Yojana is an insurance scheme initiated for the farmers in Bengal, and in this article, we will be looking at this scheme in depth.
About the West Bengal Shasya Bima Yojana 2021
The Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme 2021 was launched in the state in collaboration with the Agriculture Insurance Company (AIC) of India. Under the implementation of this scheme, farmers will not have to pay any premium amount specifically to avail of the benefits offered by the Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme. The state government will, on behalf of the farmers, bear the Crop insurance premium.
The scheme’s beneficiaries would be paid in four stages and the amount would be calculated per hectare. The official website for the scheme is https://banglashasyabima.net/.
How to register for the West Bengal Shasya Bima Yojana 2021?
If you are a farmer in Bengal looking to avail the benefits of the scheme offered, here is how you can go about it:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Bangla Bima yojana: https://banglashasyabima.net/
- On the homepage, there will be a “Register” tab present in the header which is there to open the Bangla Fasal Bima online registration form online
- You would have to click the details and click at the “Sign up” tab to proceed to the login page which appears as follows:
- On this page, you would have to enter your personal details like Email ID, password, select the season you choose to grow your crops, and then hit the “Log in” button to log in to the Bangla Shasya Bima yojana.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Crop loan?
In order to qualify for the benefits of the loan, the following criteria needs to be adhered to:
- The farmer must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The farmer must have availed a loan from the registered bank or any government institution.
- All farmers taking loans can avail the benefits of the Bangla Shasya Bima insurance.
- All farmers growing notified crops are eligible to opt for the scheme.
- The farmer who applies for the benefits of the scheme should not be a defaulter in a bank.
Wrapping it up
Farmers have it tough for themselves, as they do not have a definitive source of income. They are never sure of the amount that comes in for them, as it is never fixed. In such circumstances, offering farmers financial respite through the implementation of this scheme sounds like a great idea for farmers all across the state.