Ever since the lockdowns have come into effect, youngsters all around the nation have found it increasingly difficult to bag a job that keeps the income steady and their households afloat. Bearing in mind the deplorable situation that arose, the government of West Bengal initiated the WB Karmo Bhumi yojana.
About the West Bengal Bhumi Portal
Under the implementation of the West Bengal Karmo Bhumi portal, skilled ITeS or IT professionals will now be connected to jobs in a post-COVID market. All those who have left their jobs in other metro cities (Karmabhoomi) and have returned to West Bengal (Janmabhoomi) can now apply online and seek interesting employment opportunities in the state of West Bengal itself.
Registration and Login
Here is the procedure for registering and logging in to the portal:
- Visit the official website of the State Workforce tracker at https://karmobhumi.nltr.org/
- On the homepage, the applicant has to scroll over the “log in/Register” tab and click on the “As applicant” link which is present on the main menu itself.
- The candidates who have already registered can simply enter their mobile number and click on the “Verify” button to log in to the Karma Bhumi Portal. In case the candidate is not registered, then click on the “Register now” button.
- Once the applicant selects the skill and clicks on the “I accept” tab, a new page will open where she/he has to enter a mobile number and click on “Generate OTP” to open the WB Karmabhumi Prakalpa online form.
- The candidate has to then enter the OTP received and click on the “Verify and Proceed” button to open the WB Karmabhumi Prakalpa registration form:
- The applicant has to then enter the working experience and click on “Proceed” to open the basic information required by the form.
- Finally, fill in all details and hit the “submit” button to complete the application process. Upon completion, the applicant will receive a Thank you message.
Summing it up
In this post-corona world, jobs are scarce, and mouths to feed are increasing day by day. With more and more people falling under the sharp axe of unemployment, keeping people and their finances afloat has become more important than ever before. If there ever has been a more desperate need for employment solutions, it is now.
The West Bengal government has been ahead of its time and ensured that it begins the attempt at bringing jobs to people from the technological sectors so that they get to offer solutions to the plunging economy and also manage to sustain themselves in the bargain. The youth of the country are skilled and able to pull off challenges, provided they are given the right platform to do so, and with this scheme in place, the West Bengal government is placing its trust in the potential youngsters offer.
With better jobs and fuller bellies, people will invariably be in a better position to protect themselves against the virus and will also be able to go beyond the extra mile to help society in their own capacities.