Women empowerment has been the focal point of several governmental schemes in the last decade. However, there still are vulnerable women in Andhra Pradesh who face several difficulties in finding ways to bring food to the table or to make enough to sustain their livelihoods, thereby making them a liability to the household and an easy target to oppression.
The Andhra Pradesh government has therefore come up with a scheme to help these groups of women create their own opportunities. The scheme is YSR Cheyutha Scheme 2020.
About the YSR Cheyutha scheme
The YSR Cheyutha scheme works for the welfare of widows and single women who are in the age group 45 to 60. The scheme will offer pensions at a rate of ₹27,000 per year and in addition to that, they will also receive ₹18,750 per year which will make the total amount ₹45,750 per year.
The government of Andhra has said that the government has signed a memorandum of understanding with larger companies like Amul, Reliance, Hindustan Unilever, and many more to strengthen the rural economy and to make the beneficiaries of the Cheyutha scheme the prime stakeholder in their own businesses. This is magnificent work towards curbing the exploitation and oppression of poor entrepreneurs.
Benefits of the scheme
The major benefits of the scheme are mentioned herewith:
- Assistance of ₹75,000 over a period of four years will be provided to the women beneficiary in four equal installments of ₹18,750 per year.
- The amount will be transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary party so as to curb corruption and to ensure that women entrepreneurs get their fair share of money to run a business.
What are the documents needed to apply for the scheme?
The following documents are needed to apply for the YSR Cheyutha scheme:
- Address proof
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Age proof
- Bank account passbook
- Registered and functional mobile number
What are the eligibility criteria to abide by, so as to avail the benefits of the scheme?
The applicant must follow these eligibility criteria while applying for the scheme:
- The applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh state
- The applicant must be a woman
- The applicant must belong to minority communities
- The applicant must be above the age of 45 years
- The applicant must be below the age of 60 years
Wrapping it up
Women empowerment has now been the crux of most schemes, and it is with little doubt why. With women empowerment, there would be more business, more opportunities for all, and greater business outcomes, which will not only benefit employees and employers, but also the national economy in the long run.
When it comes to the YSR Cheyutha scheme applications, they are not online as of yet – considering how this is a new scheme and the authorities are working on the website applications now. However, if you are willing to apply for the scheme, you can get in touch with your nearest CSC points and enquire further.